12.07.2009

waiting on line

i stood in old navy yesterday with my fake uggs boots and headband to purchase. I'm a sucker for cute headbands now. waitin' on line.
waitin' a few people back.
patient as could be.
as long as i have people to watch, i don't mind..

up at the register was a mother and her baby, the little boy who had to be almost a year or so was sitting on the counter. the mother just kissin' his little face all over. every last inch. little tiny kisses here and there, as she gently tucked his hood back up over his tiny head. serious, my insides ached. couldn't take it. stood there just watching and smiling, but aching inside.

anyone who knows me, knows that i desire more than anything else a baby. and as i stood there yesterday, i realized ... . it's not about the being pregnant (although the thought of that makes me grin from each to ear), it's not about cute lil' outfits i will be able to dress him or her up in (even though she or he will be the funkiest dressed baby EvEr!) ...

it's ALL about this endless love that i have for him or her. The kisses and hugs and rocking and lovin' that is in me already to give him or her.

At this point, my poor cat is only recipient of this kissing, hugging love, and as much as he enjoys being carried around my apartment like a baby_ there are times, he just wants to be left alone.

I have spent a lot of time reading Mark lately, learning of Jesus' time with the apostles and his many miracles. > Mark 11.22-24 was one of those verses that highlighted itself as I read one night.

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

No comments :

Post a Comment